After not really being able to totally decide if I wanted to just have a planned C-section or try a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) I just decided to schedule a C-section around my due date, and planned on trying a VBAC if I went into labor before that. On Sunday, January 30th, I went into labor early in the morning. The contractions were consistent and kept getting closer so we headed to the hospital around 9 am. After we got checked in and the Dr. came in, they had me walk for an hour because I was only 1 cm dilated. There was still no progress after that hour, and a while after that, the Dr. broke my water in hopes that it would speed up labor. My contractions got much stronger and closer together, but after being in labor all day, I wasn't even 2 cm so we decided to go ahead with a C-section. Caden was born at 10pm, was 8 lb 1oz, and 21.5" long. When Addison came to meet her brother for the first time, she wasn't really too interested. I think she was just more excited to see us! Once we got home, it didn't take long for her to become interested in him. She wanted to carry him and squeeze him, and didn't understand why she couldn't do that! She enjoys being a big sister for the most part, but gets jealous every now and then.

Now, Caden is over a month old and we're all adjusting to being a family of 4! It's not always easy, but we're getting the hang of it. Addison still really enjoys having Caden around and almost gets a little too excited when she's around him. She likes to give him kisses and show him her toys. She thinks she needs to put them about a half inch from his face just to make sure he can see them! Addison still won't say his name, although I know she could if she just tired. So, instead she calls him "B" for baby.
At 1 month, Caden...
-gets an upset tummy when he eats. We give him gas drops as often as allowed and that seems to help a little. This causes him to not sleep very well because he wakes up with gas pains. Sometimes all it takes is to sit him up and burp him, but that doesn't always work.
-is a very light sleeper. You'd think he wouldn't be for how loud his sister is all the time, but he doesn't sleep very well when she's up and playing.
-sleeps in 2 to 3 hour increments. I'm really looking forward to the time he sleeps more at night!
-eats about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
-is starting to stay awake for longer periods during the day.
-likes to stare at you when you're holding him. He also likes looking at the black shelves on the walls.
- makes lots of funny faces!
-is built completely different than Addison. We figured he'd be skinny like Addison was/is, but he already weighs about 12 lbs, has a really round and full face, and even has cute little fat rolls...that Addison never had! :)
-wears mostly 3 month clothes, and is in size 1 diapers.
-is starting to make little noises, besides crying
-smiles as he is falling asleep...super cute!!! :)
-likes to be held and moving most of the time. I ordered a baby carrier that I can wear over my shoulders so that I can hold him and still tend to Addison too :) Hopefully this helps me be able to get more things done during the day, but we'll see!
-is such a cute little guy and we're looking forward to seeing how he changes and grows as time goes on!




No comments:
Post a Comment