Friday, September 19, 2008

Our new arrival!!!



Addison was finally born on Sept 13 at 10:24 pm!! We arrived at the hospital Saturday morning at 8am and Trisha began having hard labor at 9:30am. They even broke her water at noon and found that Addison had had a bowel movement and so the fluid was greenish, which made them be even a little more aggressive because of the chance that she swallowed some of that fluid. As the day progressed, she still wasn’t dilated and so we decided to go ahead w/ an epidural at 8pm to see if that would help. They started a medication to help along labor but it dropped the baby’s heart rate and at that point the doctor wanted to do a c-section, and we agreed. It all went well and I was able to watch the whole surgery, which I was nervous about but after I got in there I thought it was really neat!! Addison weighed in at 7 lb 2.9 oz and 21.5 inches long. She definately had Trisha’s facial features, a full head of dark hair and the Lechlitner toes!

Trisha is recovering really well and we’re starting to get a little more sleep each night as we learn more and more about Addison’s likes/dislikes. Visitors are welcome, so come on over if you want, just give us a call so we know to expect you!

No comments: